Friday, September 4, 2009

"Fall"-ing in Love with NYC

I'm deciding to take a little break from my oh-so-serious dance reviews and comment on how I spent a lovely Friday in early September. (Say that sentence with a British accent, it's fun.) 

Today I went and taught Zumba at Alvin Ailey. So much fun. So much sweat. Then afterwards caught a sushi lunch special with my two great buddies, Mark and Mandy. Mark and Mandy. Sounds like a sitcom. Don't really know where "Sheena" would fit into that sitcom... but I do!


After a day of roaming around in our sunglasses we went and saw the movie, Julie and Julia...or is it Julia and Julie... hmmm, not so sure. Too bad I'm too lazy to look it up and see. Let's just say it inspired me to cook 500 recipes in the next two weeks and transform my blog about dance into a cooking blog!! 

Ok, no it didn't. If I did that I'd have to get the fire department on speed-dial because I am a terrible cook.  Enough about me, Meryl Streep was to-die-for adorable. Just stunning!! That woman can bring anything to life. The joy she brought to the screen filled my heart until it wanted to burst. She is such a beautiful actress and even in the smallest moments she makes you feel that she truly understands every human emotion that has ever been felt. Just lovely! Go see her! Amy Adams is cute, but nothing compared to the strength of Streep. 


Sigh.... I really do love this city. You can just stroll up to a movie on a lazy Friday evening and have a grand old time in some comfy AMC chairs. Plus, good news, the Starbucks "Pumpkin Spice" drinks came out this week for which I am eternally grateful!! One sip and you're in a light jacket, on a hayride, picking out the perfect pumpkin, running through a cornstalk maze.... Even better, you can take coffee drinks into movies now, blatantly- out in the open- with no backlash! The days of hiding them in your purse, hoping they don't spill all over your cell phone... are over!  

Oh, Autumn in New York. A whole new adventure to discover. Jumpin' in.

No comments:

Post a Comment